Extract Deletions for OCLC
1. Open Schedule New Reports, select Templates tab, select Extract Deletions for OCLC
2. Go to the Transaction selection tab. If you are running it on the 1st, the default date (D-30:D0) will be fine. Otherwise, you may need to manually select the Date Range using the calendar gadget.
3. Go to the OCLC Output tab. Keep all of the default except be sure to enter a File Name. I usually include the month and year in the File Name. And Run Now.
4. FTP into the Unicorn Server as sirsi.
5. Go to /s/sirsi/Unicorn/Xfer.
6. You will see the file there with a slightly different name.
7. Download it to the root of your C: drive. NOTE: From here on in, OCLC's instructions may apply...or else use these.
8. Rename the Marc file of deletes to this format: DATA.DYYMMDD. For example, the file sent on June 4 2009 is named DATA.D090604.
9. Create a text file in Notepad. This is called a Label file with information that OCLC needs to complete the work. It must include the following information in this format.
DAT (Date compiled, including zeros)
RBF (Number of records in DATA file)
DSN (DATA file name)
ORS (Inst. symbol)
FDI (Project ID assigned to your Batchload Project)
Note! There are two spaces between the field name and the field description.
Note! In the DAT field only, the date must be followed by 6 zeros, a period (.), followed by another zero.
10. Go to the Windows command prompt and type the following:
NOTE: The password expires every 90 days. It must be 8 characters long. One of those characters must be a number. To change the password, you will need to use this syntax at the Password prompt: oldpass1/newpass1/newpass1. You may need to do this part using the command based FTP program that comes with Windows.
11. Change the directory to EDX.EBSB.SCR.FTP using the following command:
12. Set the transfer type is set to binary mode using this command:
13. Transfer the Label and DATA files to the OCLC FTP site using the put command as in this example:
Here is how the whole session should look:
Connected to edx.oclc.org.
220-TCPIPFTP IBM FTP CS V1R9 at ESA1.DEV.OCLC.ORG, 14:21:43 on 2010-08-05.
220 Connection will close if idle for more than 10 minutes.
User (edx.oclc.org:(none)): TSCR1
331 Send password please.
230 TSCR1 is logged on. Working directory is "TSCR1.".
ftp> cd 'EDX.EBSB.SCR.FTP'
250 "EDX.EBSB.SCR.FTP." is the working directory name prefix.
200 Representation type is Image
ftp> put DATA.D100803
200 Port request OK.
125 Storing data set EDX.EBSB.SCR.FTP.DATA.D100803
ftp: 208042 bytes sent in 0.37Seconds 563.80Kbytes/sec.
ftp> put LABEL.D100803
200 Port request OK.
125 Storing data set EDX.EBSB.SCR.FTP.LABEL.D100803
250 Transfer completed successfully
ftp: 75 bytes sent in 0.33Seconds 0.23Kbytes/sec
14. Use the following command to log out of OCLC's FTP site: quit
15. You will receive an email once the process has been completed by OCLC. If anything goes wrong, contact OCLC Support.