LIBRARY THING FOR LIBRARIES UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS
The Library Thing Export report will run on the fifth of every month. (NOTE: If you miss it, you can copy it and run it manually.)
1. Log into Workflows and invoke the MARC Export wizard.
2. Check “Records selected on..." – make sure the right records are selected. It should be over 200,000 titles. If not, copy the Library Thing Export report and run it manually.
3. Save exported records: On client.
4. File name on client: Use the gadget to select a location on your hard drive for the file. Name the file as follows:
5. Click on Export.
6. The export process begins and will take several minutes. When export is complete, a word processing program on your PC will open with a brief report including number of records exported. Make sure the number is correct.
2. Sign in if you are not already. The User Name is: scrantonpl
3. Make these selections:
File Format: MARC21
Action: Replace All Items
Character Encoding: Auto
Then, click on Next.
4. Under Chose a File to Upload, browse to the file and click on Begin File Upload. It make take awhile.