With this step, items go from being ‘On-order’ in the catalog to being actual copies owned by the libraries. It is also where changes to call numbers can be made before labels are printed (e.g. Qs added etc.). This step takes place after items have been received.
1. In Workflows, invoke Modify Title.
2. Using a General Search, scan in the ISBN (HINT: For paperbacks check the inside front cover) and/or UPC symbol (HINT: Most useful for videos & cds).
3. If the title is retrieved, proceed to Step #4. If it is not retrieved, see instructions for Adding Titles from CatExpress.
4. Check the 300 tag. If there is missing pagination, illustration, or dimension information, please add it per this example:
426 p. :|bcol. ill., map ;c|29 cm.
Delete the 500 tag (Automatically Yours only).
SERIAL: Periodicals and some reference books that are published regularly.
VM: VHS tapes and DVD's
5. Click on Save when you are done editing the record.
6. Open the Add Ordered Item to Catalog wizard. The title should appear as a hyperlink under Current.
7. If the title you have searched has more than one order, a list of orders will appear. Highlight the correct order by highlighting it (you may have to check the packing slip) and clicking on Continue. You may then proceed with the next step.
8. Correct any missing prefixes (e.g.; Q, JUV, YOUNG ADULT). Pay attention to the Order Number as this will communicate the ordering library and other important information. (Check the Naming Convention for Purchase Orders for details.)
9. Check the Add Item checkbox and change the Date Received to TODAY.
10. Scan the barcode. The record will automatically update. Then, click Close.
11. In the Modify window, click on the Call Number/Item tab to double check that the item was added. You may change the Call Number by clicking on the Call Number.
12. Click Return to Search to continue to the next title.