SERIALS RECEIVING INSTRUCTIONS
1. Examine the issue you are receiving. Remove any inserts and cards that are not attached.
2. Invoke the Checkin wizard and search by Periodical Title.
3. Select the appropriate title and click on Check In Issues. NOTE: If the title is not there, please complete a Serials Check-in Problem Form. Mark "No Record Found" or "New Magazine: Setup New Control Record" and send form to the Serials Coordinator.
4. Select the control that corresponds to the relevant library / department and click on Check In Issues. NOTE: If no appropriate control records appear, please complete a Serials Check-in Problem Form, mark "Needs Predictions," and send form to the Serials Coordinator.
6. Compare the Expected Issue information with the issue you are examining. Does what you have match up in terms of date, volume, and number? If so, click Check In Now. If not, click Different Issue.
7. The Number received and Receipt comment prompt may appear. If so, type the number of issues received and any comments. Click on Check In Now. If the serial is a circulating item, you will be prompted to enter an Item ID. Scan in the item barcode. (Barcodes can be obtained from the Receiving Clerk and are attached to the upper right corner on the BACK of the issue.) IMPORTANT: If the record is configured for two or more copies, type in the barcode(s). Do not scan in the barcode(s).
8. If there is a routing list, this may pop up. If so, click Print. Attach the print-out to the front of the issue. When checkin is complete, the issue should be sent to the first person on the routing list.
9. Now you are done. If you need to check in a different Serial, click New Search.